Monday, March 5, 2007

MY PICASSOS

Amy Chou
AA192SL
Entry 6
March 01, 2007


Wednesday, February 28, 2007

QUESTION: How do you run three things at once?

MURAL: We began our mural last week and the class had to print their waves onto the walls today. The issue that arises is that we cannot have all the students painting at once, so what are some of my options? I decided to hold a workshop for the students who weren’t painting or who had already painted.

PICASSO FACES WORKSHOP: Originally, I wanted to split the class in half—one working on the mural, while the other did the workshop. The groups would later switch, however, Ms. Williams suggested that I taught the lesson to the entire class and she would individually pull students out to print to avoid chaos in the hallway. Turned out it did not take as long to print as I had anticipated. The workshop was a little hectic since students were going in and out, but I think they really enjoyed it and the results were AMAZING.

FIXATIVE: The class created “Chalk on Glue” drawings from the previous weeks, but we did not have fixative to withhold the chalk. Fortunately, the mural and the workshop ended a little early so we had time to spray fixative over their pieces.

To top it all off, it was the last day of the unit (the students go on a two-month break) and we were being filmed for ArtsBridge. The students all pitched in and purchased a Carver Middle School sweatshirt for me (which I’ve been wearing for the past 3 days)! I was so touched I almost wanted to cry. While all this was going on, the camera crew caught it all on tape. What a wonderful way to end the unit and I cannot wait till I start the second unit!
_________________________________
FUNDRAISING
Ms. Williams wanted to created mugs, calendars, postcards, etc of the students work and fundraise for a class trip to Costa Rica to volunteer. I suggested creating a montage of the students’ works and printing it on t-shirts. What are some other ways to fundraise? Who should we sell them to (i.e. Carver M.S., UCLA)? Are there copyrights laws to consider?

No comments: