Thursday, February 22, 2007

Amy Chou
AA 192 SL
Entry #5

Wednesday, February 20, 2007

What NOT to do (next time):
• Forget masking tape
• Assume the will provide supplies
• Forget that not all the students can paint at the same time
• Purchase paint bins liners

Preparation and taking everything into consideration is key in running a lesson. Above were a few things I forgot to consider this past week, which made things a little hectic.

What to do (next time):
• Make an extensive list of supplies, run it through Sonja, and double check the list

________________________________________________________________________


.:LOVE:.

I am currently taking Barbara Kruger’s Advanced Drawing course. Our class is given a different word each week and this week’s word was, “Love.” I am interested in how the word “Love” is a socially constructed idea that altars over time, especially with age of an individual. I provided the word “Love” on a large white poster board, which I place one in Broad and another in Ms. Williams classroom. I wanted to compare what the word meant to different age groups. The students got really into the project and contributed endless photos, poems, and drawings. I was surprised in what the word “Love” meant to them and how it related to romance, sadness, humor, family, and friends.

No comments: